Here are a few great reads to take you into the weekend!
- CtK.Campfire alum Mindy Finn's latest op-ed in USA Today addresses corruption in Washington: "Trump has built a pyramid scheme of public fraud. It is a taxpayer-backed cash grab."
- Congratulations to CtK alum Jose Antonio Vargas who had a school named after him! "I don't really have words for how meaningful this honor is, I've been speechless for a few days," Vargas, 37, told CNN. "I hope that this is a school where students and their families feel welcome in America, no matter where they come from."
- Check out CtK.Campfire alum and Paid Leave + US founder Katie Bethell inteview Alexis Ohanian--and listen to his amazing response about paid leave!
- From 538: "Democrats are wrong about Republicans. Republicans are wrong about Democrats." To solve this problem we recommend more people Cultivate the Karass! And take Campfire alum Ross Dakin's advice: "Get lunch with someone from the other side of the aisle. We're all more similar than we all think."
- R Street Institute captured our attention not once but twice this week: In the WaPo discussing turnover in Congressional offices and in The American Conservative talking about Philly DA Larry Krasner ("What's Philly's DA Got to Do with Me?") as part of a collaborative series exploring conservative approaches to criminal justice reforms.
- We couldn't love #WhenWeAllVote more: "When we all vote, we determine our future." Visit whenweallvote.org and get registered and help get others registered today!
Have a great weekend!